Time Management skills are essential for successful people – these are the practical techniques which have helped the leading people in business, sport and public service reach the pinnacles of their careers.
People who use these techniques routinely are the highest achievers in all walks of life, from business to sport to public service. If you use these skills well, then you will be able to function effectively, even under intense pressure.
At the heart of time management is an important shift in focus:
Concentrate on results, not on being busy
Many people spend their days in a frenzy of activity, but achieve very little because they are not concentrating on the right things.
Discover the 39 essential tools needed to win control of your time and make the very most of your life.
The 80:20 Rule
This is neatly summed up in the Pareto Principle, or the ’80:20 Rule‘. This argues that typically 80% of unfocussed effort generates only 20% of results. The remaining 80% of results are achieved with only 20% of the effort. While the ratio is not always 80:20, this broad pattern of a small proportion of activity generating non-scalar returns recurs so frequently as to be the norm in many areas.
By applying the skills in the Make Time for Success! (MTFS!), you can optimize your effort to ensure that you concentrate as much of your time and energy as possible on the high payoff tasks. This ensures that you achieve the greatest benefit possible with the limited amount of time available to you.
Time Management Tools
The tools Make Time for Success! (MTFS!) will discuss are:
- Finding out how much your time is worth – Costing Your Time
- Making sure you concentrate on the right things – Deciding Work Priorities
- Checking how you really spend your time – Activity Logs
- Planning to solve a problem – Action Plans
- Tackling the right tasks first – Prioritized To Do Lists
- Deciding what your personal priorities should be – Personal Goal Setting
- Planning to make the best use of your time – Effective Scheduling
- Time management products reviewed – Reviews
- By the end of this section, you should have a much clearer understanding of how to use time to its greatest effect.
Make Time for Success! (MTFS!) is our latest downloadable time management course. It teaches powerful, industrial-strength techniques that help readers identify what they want out of life, organize and achieve their goals, and make the most of the opportunities open to them. In doing this, it transforms the life outcomes of the people who take the course, helping them to become focused and highly successful.
Here is just a small sample of some of the important targeted lessons included in this master class:
- Where Does The Time Fly?
- The Big Picture: How To Know What You Really Want In Life
- How To Set Life Goals
- How To Make Time For Your Real Priorities
- How To Manage Your Email
- The Insider Secrets Of Planning And Scheduling
- Powerful Ways To Cut The Clutter
- Ways To Beat The Blues
- Trusted Telephone Techniques
- How To Deal With People Who Interrupt Your Day
- Ways To Use The “No” Word To Your Advantage
- The Best Ways To Delegate
- How To Define Tasks In Ways That Will Get Things Done
- Understanding Your Energy Cycles
- Effective Ways To Leverage Technology
- The Power Of Money To Leverage Your Path To Success
- How To Win With Other People’s Time And Energy – To Your Mutual Benefit
- How Delays Can Work To Your Advantage
<!– –> <!– –>