Posts tagged ‘resumes’
The Kuder Resume Builder is one of the Kuder Job Search Tools.
The Kuder Job Search Tools provides information on resumes, cover letters, of reference list, and custom-made e-Portfolio.
The Resume Builder provides you with a template to enter the following information –
- Work experience
- Extracurricular activities
- Foreign language ability
- Military service
- Community service
The Resume Builder has the following sections –
- Work Experience
The Resume Builder has the following fields:
- Résumé Title –
- Status – Private or Public
- Résumé Format – Chronological or Functional
- Résumé Style – basic, contemporary, elegant, and professional styles
You can send a link to your résumé via e-mail to prospective employers or others wishing to view the résumé.
The Kuder Resume Builder removes the guesswork!! The Kuder Resume Builder is Easy to use!!
Read more about the Kuder Resume Builder…
The Kuder Online Career Portfolio provides a gateway to lifelong career planning that allows individuals to store personal and academic information; search and save educational and occupational data; build resumés; and access test progress and results 24 hours a day.
The System features include:
- Education Planner – for planning coursework and tracking educational progress
- Planning Timeline – for guiding education and career planning with a suggested sequence of events
- Note Taker – for documenting the career development process
- Occupation Search and Career Comparison – for career exploration by cluster, title, or Holland Code
- College Major and Instructional Program Search – for learning more about a major as well as the postsecondary options within your state.
- College Search and Comparison – for researching approximately 7,000 post-secondary colleges, universities, education training centers, and other institutions.
- Financial Aid Information and Scholarship Search – for understanding your college financing options.
- Resumé Builder – for creating and managing multiple resumés.
The Kuder Test Survey has three career tests –
You can –
- Begin an test
- Stop the test
- Save the results
- Complete the test at a later time
The Kuder Career Test –
- Is completed in 30 minutes or less
- Is scored automatically
- Generates an easy-to-read report is within 20-30 seconds after the final page is submitted
- Is available in either English or Spanish
Kuder Career Search with Person Match
The Kuder Career Search with Person Match is the Kuder General Interest Survey consisting of 60 questions.
The Kuder General Interest Survey report displays information on career clusters. There are three lists of Career Clusters – Kuder Career Clusters, Federal 16 Career Clusters, or state-specific cluster/pathway system. The ranking of the Career Clusters is matched to your interests. There are descriptions of the cluster.
The report also includes the unique Person Match feature which compares test results to a career profile database.
Kuder Skills Test
The Kuder Skills Test is a self-estimate of one’s abilities to perform work-related tasks. Kuder Skills Test consists of 90 multiple choice questions.
Kuder Skills Test Results are presented in rank order of career cluster preference. The results of the Kuder Skills Test match the interests, skills, and career clusters.
Super’s Work Values Inventory-Revised
The Super’s Work Values Inventory-Revised identifies which work characteristics are most important to the test taker. The inventory consists of 72 multiple choice questions.
Super’s Work Values Inventory-Revised Report displays 12 work-related characteristics in rank order of preference. The inventory assesses 12 work-related values. The 12 work values are presented in rank order. There are definitions of each work value.
Career Test Reports
All reports provide suggestions for continued career exploration. Links from the tests are used to explore occupational listings by education level within each of the clusters. Each occupation is cross-walked with and linked directly to additional information from the Occupational Outlook Handbook, O*Net and related military occupations to allow further exploration.
Combining Results from Kuder Career Tests
- Kuder Test Survey Interests and Skills Composite Report – Once an individual completes both the interest and skills tests, a composite report compares the scores of the interests and skills tests. There are suggestions for further education and career exploration and planning. To view the composite report, click on the words Kuder Test Survey Interests and Skills Composite Report below the Kuder Test Results table.
- One-Page Summary Report –This report contains an outline of the most recent results for tests that have been completed. Access this report by clicking on the title below the Kuder Test Results table.
To read more about the Kuder Survey, click here…
Since 1939, for the 65 years, Kuder Test Survey has helped millions of youth and adults worldwide discover their interests, skills, and work values.
The Kuder Test Survey is an excellent resource for –
- Post-Secondary students
- First-time job seekers
- Career changers
- Veteran or active member of the military
- Adult with a disability
- Retired person
- Career preparation and placement programs
- Career centers
- Workforce agencies
Kuder Journey is an easy step-by-step process tailored to your needs. Kuder Journey helps you –
- Select the right major and plan for a career
- Exploring interests and occupational options
- Consider new or additional education
- Prepare for the workforce
- Find a job
- Build an e-Portfolio to share goals and achievements online
The Kuder Surveys helps you answer the questions –
- What are my interests? What do I like to do?
- What are my abilities and skills? What am I good at? What can I learn to do?
- What are my values? What is most important to me? What is important for my future career success and happiness, income, security, co-workers, environment, something else?
- What careers and college majors match my skills, interests, abilities, and values?
- What classes should I take now and in the next few years?
- What should I do after graduation? Should I continue with school or get a job?
- What kind of school should you attend—technical, 2-year, 4-year, other? – College by major information
- What options are available to me?
The Kuder Surveys helps you:
- Identify skills, interests, abilities, and values
- Find a cluster of careers that match your skills, interests, abilities, and values
- Prepare for post-secondary education
- Highlight specific programs based on interests and skills
- Focus on –
- Specific career job descriptions
- Job titles
- General work activities
- Detailed work activities
- Specific tasks typical of the occupation
- Working condition
- Nature of the work
- Important interests
- Important abilities
- Important skills
- Important work values
- Important knowledge areas
- Additional information
- Get information on –
- Major areas of instruction
- Specific instructional programs
- College and school results
- General campus and student body information
- Types of instructions or programs offered
- Degree or certificate types offered or awarded
- Graduation rate
- Application and admission factors and costs
- Costs and financial aid
- Search for jobs
- Create resume
- Build a portfolio or e-portfolio
Kuder Survey has the following items –
- 3 job career tests
- College by major information
- Career job finder
- Career job descriptions
- Career portfolio
- Resume tutorial
To read more about the Kuder Survey, click here…