Implications for Teachers, Counselors and Career Professionals
Social Media and MOOCs – Tools to Engage Students
Current media trends are demanding the adoption of new educational and career technological shifts adopting the use of social media and MOOCs. Social media and MOOCs are available for everyone –
- Those inclined to use various types of media technology
- Watch online videos
- Visit social networking/blog sites
- Own tablets
- Use smartphones
MOOCs are newly developed resources and techniques will revolutionize career advising programs.
- Adopt innovative, creative, and effective technological strategies to engage encourage, support, and empower students
- Promote social media, collaboration, group learning, problem solving, interactive learning, and other inventive techniques (D. Roberts, 2012 and S. Gonvalves, 2006)
- Address independent learning, diversity training, and critical thinking
MOOCs are excellent resources to meet the needs of ethnically diverse, achieving, expressive, liberal, technological, community-oriented, connected, optimistic, yet pressured and impatient students.
Watch the Youtube video about MOOCs…
Next, learn more about MOOCs?