In your journey:
- Understand your interests, abilities, and skills
- Gain awareness of your future plan
Your mission is to unlock your potentials.
Tips for Finding the Right Career Tool
Career awareness tools help you explore who you really are. Career resources answer the question “Who am I?” Career resources point out your likes, dislikes, or interests.
Search for the resource that meets your needs. Look at the benefits. Find resources that are:
- Eye appealing
- Easy to use
- Comprehensive – Full of supplemental resources
With the right resource, you will ready and willing to:
- Ask questions
- Enjoy discovering who they are
- Gain knowledge, wisdom, and understanding
An effective career tool motivates and inspires you to explore careers. Creative career tools build a foundation for more detailed career exploration.
Step One: Select a Career Resource
How do you choose the right career resource? Look at 3 major areas:
- Format, e.g. Printed or on-line
- Resources – Supplemental information on interests, skills, and careers
When you look at a career test, ask yourself the following questions:
- What do you prefer? Printed or on-line career test?
- What is your budget for the tests?
Find career tests that you are interested in and that provide valuable information about careers and your interests. Look at career tests that use well-known career models. Match your interest clusters to career or job codes. Engaging resources improve attention span, concentration, memory skills, and understanding.
Step Two: Explore Careers
Career tests prepare you to explore careers. Gather information about fun, informative, and attractive career exploration resources. Look for resources that offer the following career information:
- Career outlook
- Similar careers
Career exploration is a process. As Agents of career change, use resources that make your journey enjoyable, educational, and effective. Plan career exploration expeditions.
Get a FREE 10 Top Tips Guide …