Explore Careers and College Majors System is an online, interactive, self-guided career planning and college planning system.
The Dashboard is the control center of the Explore Careers and College Major System.
There are five sections in the Dashboard –
- Self Assessments
- Explore the Possibilities
- Take Action
- Career and Education Planning Results
- Recommended Tools & Websites
- Self Assessments
There are four other assessments –
- Work Interest Assessment
- Personality Assessment
- Values Assessment
- Skills Assessment
Explore the Possibilities
The Explore the Possibilities is the Career Exploration, the College Major Exploration and the College Search sections of the Explore Careers and College Major System.
In the Career Exploration section,
- You perform career research.
- You identify potential careers.
- You begin narrowing career options.
completing the interests, skills, personality types, and/or values
tests, you can match occupations to your results and click on any
occupation that interests you.
Then, you filter occupations by the following criteria –
- Job Family
- Green Job
- Bright Outlook
- Saved Occupations
After completing Career Exploration, you will –
- Match Holland Codes to training programs
- Perform research to identify potential training programs
- Use training program search web site to find potential training programs
Explore any Occupation
Explore Any Major Area of Study That Interests You tool has excellent college search resources!
College Search options include –
- Type of College
- Enrollment & Costs
- Majors Offered
- Test Scores and Selectivity
- Athletics & Activities
- Search for colleges by name
The purpose of the Take Action section is to create a road map of your academic and career development activities. Take Action serves as an online portfolio.
The areas under the Take Action section are –
- My Education
- My Professional Development
Career and Education Planning Results
Career and Education Planning Results is a summary of your assessment results and saved preferences.
Recommended Tools and Websites
Recommended Tools and Websites include –
- Extensive online step-by-step tutorial loaded with downloads and websites
- Job Boards and Internship Opportunities
- Links to Resources – including