Test Drive Your Career Test! You Have The Keys! is a step-by-step tutorial that guide you through the process of selecting a career test.
Hollandcodes.com created this eight (8) part series to provide a detailed overview of the three (3) step process of career planning.
The Test Drive Your Career Test! You Have The Keys Virtual Course covers the following areas –
- Laying a Foundation – Getting Ready for Your Career Test Drive
- Building Self Awareness
- Taking the MCP Challenge
- Understanding Career Interest Groups – What do the scores mean?
- Matching Your Interests to Careers
- Selecting the Right Training Program
Take the MCP Challenge
On the Career Test Drive, you will look at the MCP. The MCP is a system that has 4 career tests, a career database, and an educational program database.
Discover your -
Get information on -
- Holland Codes
- 1200+ Occupations
- 6000+ Schools
The My Career Profile Guidance System comes with a -
- My Interests Inventory
- My Values Inventory
- My Skills Inventory
- My Personality Inventory
1. My Interests Inventory
The My Interests Inventory generates a 3-letter Holland Codes and provides Interest Level Scores for the six (6) Holland Personality Types.
The Inventory provides a detailed description for each of the Holland Personality Types.
The Interests, Skills, Values, and Personality Inventories generate Occupational Lists.
You can access, review, and redo the Interests, Skills, Values, and Personality Inventories.
Research a Career Tool
Use the Research a Career database to find information on 1200+ occupations. Each Occupational List provides information on -
- Job duties
- Working Conditions
- Interest (Holland Codes) Scores
- Areas of Study
- Training or Educational Levels
- School Search Tools
The Research a Career Tool allows you to research careers by name or Industry Group. The Industry Groups are -
- Architecture & Engineering
- Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media
- Building and Ground Cleaning and Maintenance
- Business and Financial Operations
- Community and Social Services
- Computer, Information Technology and Mathematics
- Construction and Extraction
- Education, Training and Library
- Farming, Fishing, and Forestry
- Food Preparation and Serving
- Healthcare Practitioners and Technology
- Healthcare Support
- Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
- Life, Physical, and Social Science
- Office and Administrative Support
- Personal Care and Service
- Protective Service
- Sales and Related
- Transportation and Materials Moving
The Interests, Skills, Values, and Personality Inventories generate School Lists. The School Tool obtains school from a database of 6000+ post-secondary institutions. The School Tool searches for schools according to the following criteria -
- Name of School
- Location of School
- Region in the USA
- Type of School
- Size and Cost
- Major Areas of Study
All career and school lists can be printed and saved for future reference.
2. My Values Inventory
Find out the things that are important to you, for example -
- Helping Society
- Helping Others
- Risk Taking
- Working Outdoors
The My Values Inventory provides a detailed description for each of the Values.
The My Values Inventory matches occupations to your Values and generates Occupational Lists.
3. My Skills Inventory
Know the things that you are good at, for example -
- Communication Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Management Skills
- Creative and Artistic Skills
- Scientific Skills
The My Skills Inventory provides a detailed description for each of the Skills.
The My Skills Inventory matches occupations to your Skills and generates Occupational Lists.
4. My Personality Inventory
Discover your Personality. My Personality Inventory assesses your personality, matches occupations to your Personality, and generates Occupational Lists.
Read more about MCP Test Drive.
View Test Drive Your Career Test! video.